Sunday Meditation — held at the Ithaca Zen Center Sundays starting at 8:30 am with a talk at 10:30am. Newcomers are welcome! For any questions or to arrange a sitting orientation please contact us here.
The zendo is located up the hill from the dining hall, to the left. Visitors are asked to please park in the visitor parking to the left of the drive, near the entrance.
Sitting begins promptly at 8:30. Late arrivals are asked to please wait inside the mudroom of the zendo until opening bows are complete. Please feel free to stay for tea and social hour afterwards.
What to Bring
- Footwear that is easy to get on and off, and appropriate for the outdoors.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes for sitting, and layers of sufficient warmth for outdoor kinin (walking meditation)
- Please refrain from use of perfumes and the wearing of jewelry
Program Fee, voluntary donation
Sesshin—a 5 to 7-day silent meditation intensive held at the Ithaca Zen Center several times a year. A sesshin is a chance to immerse oneself in a longer period of practice.
What to Bring
- 2 pairs of sandals, slip-on shoes, or boots
- Personal toiletries
- Cup or mug for your room
- Warm clothing, such as long underwear
- Warm boots and gloves in the cold weather
Program Fee, Fee schedule for private room with bath is $600. Attendance via Zoom will be $350 for sesshin, $70 daily. Please be in touch if you need more information, or would like to register.